This easy vegan parm is the perfect pasta topper! It’s also great on pizza, garlic bread, toasted pita chips and any other dish that you would traditionally sprinkle with parmesan. I’ve tried lots of versions of nut-based vegan parm and like pretty much all of them, but after lots of strenuous recipe testing, and countless plates of pasta covered in parm, I can confidently say that this is my favourite.
Bonus: this recipe takes about two minutes to make and lasts in your fridge for weeks (if you don’t eat it all in one sitting!).
Prep time: 5 minutes or less
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon parsley flakes, dried or freeze dried
- Remove the skin from the garlic and give it a little smash. Place all ingredients in your food processor and process until they are a fluffy fine meal.
- Sprinkle on your dish to give it a delightful nutty cheesy flavour.
- Store in a container with a lid in the fridge. It will keep well for a few weeks.
And please don't forget to let me know if you try this recipe out! Tag me on Instagram @plant_hearted hashtag #planthearted.
Here are some of the ways that I've enjoyed the nutty parm recently...